Thursday, June 3, 2010

Andy + Brian | The Cat's Meow

Earlier this Spring I met up with Andy and Brian to chat about photographing their wedding this Summer. We met up at RedHook Brewery (awesome already, right?) and by the time the meeting was over we were all certain we'd be a great fit.

I'm thrilled to be shooting my first gay wedding, and I cannot think of a more awesome couple to share the day with. They felt traditional engagement photos weren't really for them and instead opted to call in to play some of my famous cat wrangling skills.

So, nearly a month ago I drove out to Issaquah to visit Andy and Brian and meet their cats Alex and Pete. For cats, they were pretty quick to warm up. We spent awhile playing with string and other toys before settling down for a quick family portrait on the couch.

Pete went crazy for the string they had attached to the scratching post they MADE. Yeah you heard me, Brian and Andy made it. From, wait for it....scratch. *insert cheesy grin*

Then, clearly sensing our shoot was coming to an end, Alex decided to steal one of my own cat toys I'd accidentally brought from home. OMG. I have never seen a cat be that possessive over anything (except maybe fresh kills from the backyard). OK, gross. Anyway, he turned from mild-mannered Clark Kent Kitty to Gollum coveting his Precious in about 3 seconds. There was in fact a point when he dropped the ball, I picked it up and held it out to him, and he actually snatched it out of my fingers. Snatched it! Like a dog and biscuit! It was hilarious.

Needless to say, I left the ball with Alex when it was time for me to leave.

I had such a great time hanging out with the boys and am super excited to have the opportunity to document their celebration in July.







xoxo, amy

No comments: