Thursday, May 20, 2010

Diptych Day | She's Crafty...

She had taken the bed and the chest of drawers
The mirror, the TV, the new guitar cord
My remote control and my old skateboard
She robbed us blind - she took all we owned
And the boys blamed me for bringing her home

She's crafty, she gets around
She's crafty, she's always down
She's crafty, she's got a gripe
She's crafty
and she's just my type.



Although I've already been up since 3:30am, it's still early and I'm tired. Therefore in lieu of a clever post and a thoughtful haiku, you are instead treated to the lyrical stylings of The Beastie Boys. Which, in my opinion, is never a bad way to start your day.

This week's theme for Diptych Day was Crafty. Per the norm, waiting until the last minute, I decided to go a little abstract with a new pair of scissors and some quilting fabric I still have around from back when I actually had the time to quilt. I'm looking forward to finding that time again in the future. My counterpart in this diptych endeavor, Boston wedding photographer Kate McElwee, shot a much tastier subject- Mister McElwee's hand-crafted home brew. I can only assume, but I bet it's super tasty fantastic. It's at times like these when I wish Kate was still in Seattle so that I may impose upon her a sip. :)

So there you have it. Another Diptych Day down and hopefully several more to come. Please check out Kate's blog for more on her story!

Till next week!!
xoxo,
a

1 comment:

amybeth said...

i heart diptych day!