Wednesday, September 8, 2010

20 things you may not know about me



Hello there my fabulous blog readers!

That's me above with our crazy 7 year old puppy Rocco. First of all before I get going, I just really want to say thank you. Thank you for reading and caring and taking an interest in what I do and who I am. I could not do this without all of you. Seriously. From the bottom of my heart, Gratzi.

Now, the reason for this post. I follow a lot of amazing photographer's blogs. I mean A LOT. Recently I have seen a push for creating a more personal bond with clients and blog readers by way of this 20 Things medium. Now, those of you who already know a bit about me know that I am all about making things personal. So naturally, I really like this idea and I want to share too. However, I am quickly realizing that I am one of those Sharing-is-Caring sort of people who tells everyone everything even if they could care less. So how am I going to come up with 20 whole things not many people know? Seriously, I have no idea, but I'm going to try.

I'm starting this blog on July 21st...let's see just how long this little endeavor takes me. Here goes.

Don't judge.


#1. I like the smell of wet cat food.
Might as well start this off with the weird stuff.

#2. When I lived for the Summer with my dad in South Texas I broke so many glasses I was only allowed plastic cups.

#3. My mother died suddenly when I was 17. She had a tattoo of a ladybug on her shoulder.

#4. I hoard lip gloss.

#5. When I eat mint chocolate chip ice-cream, I spit out the chips into a separate bowl and throw them out when I'm done.

#6. I cry every single time I watch the movie Armageddon.

#7. I don't like ice in my water.

#8. My first word ever was Cat. Maybe that explains #1?

#9. I am an expert gift wrapper (and giver) extraordinaire. No seriously, ask people who know. I'm sort of a big deal.

#10. I have an irrational fear of driving in the snow. Even as a passenger, I have to close my eyes.

#11. My dad used to take me to Elementary school on his motorcycle. I had my own helmet, it was white with stickers all over it.

#12. I hate being in open water, freaks the crap out of me. Probably because I can't swim and I watch way too much Discovery Channel.

#13. I sucked my thumb until I was 10.

#14. I compulsively twist the yarn ties on our bedroom quilt. It makes me happy and is inexplicably calming. I've done this ever since I had my first blankie as a toddler.

#15. I've never tried a single illegal drug in my life. Not even pot.

#16. I have owned (or rather been owned by) at least one cat (usually more) every day of my life.

#17. I think dark chocolate is nasty. However, I love saying the word
Cacao!

#18. During meals, I never drink while I'm eating.


#19. I hate massages, but I love hugs.

#20. When I was a kid I used to have two imaginary German Shepherds named Duke and Wolf. My mom would get annoyed because whenever we went somewhere in the car she'd have to wait while I opened the back door to let them in and out.

So, there you go. It is now September 8th and I have finished my list just in time to use it as a little filler until I can get you guys some more pretty pictures to ogle. Soon my friends, soon. I hope you learned a little, or at the very least found it a good reason to put off that phone call you didn't really want to make for another 5 minutes.

xoxo,
ames

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Amy, I loved this blog post!! #20 literally made me laugh out loud, that is awesome :)

Unknown said...

this is great, Amy! Thanks for giving us a dose of your life! =)